Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Perfume Experience

This past weekend I decided to venture out and do some shopping. One think I already knew I would purchase would be a fragrance. Specifically Chanel's Eau de Tendre. I have been wanting this perfume for a year now and was determined to get it. Even at the $90.00 price tag. I went to Macy's and ended up purchasing the last bottle they had left. That could only mean it was meant to be, right!? I was so excited to walk out of the store a proud owner of my coveted Chanel fragrance. Until.....

I got home sprayed the perfume on my wrists and sniffed away. What I got a whiff of, unfortunately, was not very pleasant. This smelled nothing like MY Chanel eau de tendre. In fact it smelled awful!!!! It smelled old. It smelled stale. The only thing I could think of to describe it was a perfume that had been sitting on my great grandmother's dresser for years collecting dust. Eck!!! Long story short, I returned it immediately. While at Macy's I was still determined to find a fragrance I loved. And there it was. Vince Camuto... A smell I have fallen head over heels in love with. It is sensual. It is dark. It is SEXY!!! This perfume's notes include osmanthus nectar, Bulgarian white rose, Tuscan leather, night blooming jasmine, vanilla, patchouli, amber, and creamy skin musk. Mostly I smell the sweetness of vanilla and Bulgarian rose, the sexiness of the leather, and a hint of spice. It's not overly sweet, spicy, or musky. It is just right. And once it began to mix with my body chemistry I simply could not get enough of it. I wore it for the first time today and the scent lasts all day without needing to be reapplied.







No comments: