Sunday, January 22, 2012

MAC Matchmaster Review

I recently bought this foundation because my Revlon Photoready ran out. I really liked that foundation outside of the slight glittery finish to it. I went to MAC to try out a foundation. I bought the Pro Longwear first in I think NC 50. Or maybe NW 44-45. I thought I liked it until it oxidized after wearing it for about an hour or two. It looked like I was wearing a mask. I liked the finish but the color just looked awful so I returned it. I went back and purchased the Matchmaster in 7.5. I had a hard time choosing between that and the 7.0 inside of the store. I went with the 7.5 got it home and swatched in on my hand and it appeared really dark so I thought about exchanging it for the 7.0. Then I tried in on my face and blended it out really well. It was the perfect match. I guess the technology of the translucent powders adjusted to my skin tone and matched up really nicely. This does look alot like your skin but better. Its light enough to not feel like you have anything on but moderate enough to cover your small imperfections. What I like best is that it does not oxidize and turn too red, orange, or yellow. My skin tone is mostly neutral but has a slight yellow undertone. So most of the MAC foundations do not look good on me. And the SPF in it does not give you that awful gray cast look in photos. My skin tends to get oily throughout the day and this keeps the oil at bay. Overall I like this foundation and would recommend it to people that have oily skin.

I wore the foundation today to my interview with MAC. I will make a second post on the all of the products I used in another post. Here is a picture of me in the foundation:


No comments: