Saturday, January 28, 2012

Do The Twist

So I finally did a successful twist out on my hair. On my hair journey for healthier and longer hair I have been experimenting with different protective styles to keep from using heat on my hair. This is the third twist out I've done. The first time It was a little too tight and I ended up pulling it up into a high bun. The second time I didn't let it dry completely in the back so It was very frizzy in some areas, puffy in some areas, and no curl pattern in other areas. A mess! I guess the third time is the charm, huh! :)


If you would like to try a twist out on your hair the steps are listed below:

1. Cowash your hair using any conditioner you would like. Be sure to concentrate the conditioner on your scalp.

2. Deep Condition! I used Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle (one of my fav deep conditioners) and Coconut Oil. I used the Coconut Oil first and made sure to saturate my ends and oiled my scalp with it as well. I used the Aussie on the length of my hair. I then put a plastic cap on my head and let it sit for 3-4 hours. I would recommend letting it sit on your hair for at least an hour.

3. Rinse the conditioner out of your hair using first warm then cool water. Be sure to thoroughly detangle your hair using either your fingers or a wide tooth comb while rinsing the conditioner out. This will prevent any tangles during the next step.

4. Put a leave in conditioner on your hair. I like to use Loreal's Ever Sleek Humidity Defying Leave In. Part hair into four sections. Two sections in the back and one on each side of your head. Twist your hair downward onto your scalp. Add a natural oil to the ends once you are finished to prevent frizz.

5. Put a satin or silk bonnet on and let your hair air dry overnight. Untwist in the morning and finger through it until you achieve the fullness you like.




No comments: